Automobile Wrecks

One of the most common reasons that someone contacts our office is because they have been involved in a car wreck.  At the Ryder Law Firm, we help you through this difficult time by advising you of your rights and taking the necessary steps to ensure that they are protected. An experienced Alabama car accident lawyer can make a huge difference in the outcome of your case.  Brad Ryder has over 23 years’ experience helping people (and their families) who have been injured (or killed) in automobile wrecks.

Whether your case is ultimately settled or must be tried before a jury, our goal is to help you obtain full and complete compensation for all the resulting harm, to include your physical and psychological injuries, lost wages, and other losses.  If you or a loved one has been involved in a car wreck, contact the Ryder Law Firm.  Do not delay – the insurance company is already at work trying to find ways to minimize the amount it will pay!

Helpful Suggestions:

Immediately after the wreck occurs, certain steps must be taken to preserve critical evidence and to protect your rights:

  1. Contact 9-1-1 and notify them that you have been involved in a wreck.
  2. Do not move (or allow anyone else to move) your car or truck or any debris until the police or other law enforcement officials have arrived and recorded its location and resulting damage.
  3. Get the name, address, and contact information for the driver of the other vehicle and all witnesses to the wreck.
  4. If injured, seek immediate medical attention and follow all instructions/restrictions provided by your treating physician.
  5. Take photographs of all of your visible injuries and resulting damage to your automobile.  Save these pictures on a CD or PEN drive.
  6. Do not provide a recorded statement (assume all telephone conversations are being recorded) to an adjuster, investigator, the other driver, or anyone else.
  7. Obtain a copy of the Alabama Uniform Traffic Crash Report from the police department or other law enforcement agency.
  8. Contact the Ryder Law Firm and we will evaluate your case and further advise you as to the best course of action to take.