At the Ryder Law Firm we have over 23 years’ experience advising both individuals and employers in employment-related matters. We have extensive experience in various areas of employment law, including the representation of both employees and employers in relation to disputes involving employment discrimination, sexual harassment, unpaid wages and overtime compensation, and family and medical leave.
The breadth of the firm’s experience representing clients in employment-related matters includes litigating and mediating disputes, negotiating severance packages, filing and pursuing grievances, and assisting employers in ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws.
Our expertise includes handling claims under the following federal employment and labor laws:
- Sex, race, and religious discrimination / harassment claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII).
- Disability claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Age-based discrimination claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA).
- Unpaid overtime and minimum wage claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Mass layoffs and plant closings under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN Act).
We have successfully resolved numerous employment-related disputes through mediation, arbitration, litigation, and on appeal. Our track record includes one of the largest single plaintiff sexual harassment verdicts in the Northern District of Alabama and trial and resolution of several multiple plaintiff unpaid overtime compensation claims.